Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Do not be wise in your own eyes"

All Christians are students of Christ's teachings. Some are farther along than others, and some assume they are farther than they actually are. We are all told to diligently seek God and to study. I know I have a long way to go, but I know I am not alone. I will post my questions and what I find on this blog. I am not infallible and welcome corrections and logical scriptural reproofs.

examples of a good response;

"In your last entry you said when Jesus was a child his family ran to Etheopia but in Matthew 2:13 it says that they actually went to Egypt,"

or

"In yesterday's entry on the council of Jerusalem you say that Peter was the last to speak, but in Acts 15:12-21 it shows that James made the final judgement using God's word from sacred scripture,"

If I make a mistake be it doctrinal or historical I will not be angry at correction.

Some examples of bad responses;

"You said Jesus went to Etheopia, but my Pastor says he went to Egypt,"

This is not a bad reply because the information is in error, but rather because it does not provide scriptural or historical citations to help me correct my work.

"Your blog is stupid! your statement about communion was all wrong! Are you really that dumb?"

Well probably, but Is calling me an idiot going to make me any smarter? Please feel free to elaborate on what I said that was wrong. I will evaluate the info you give me and make a decision based on facts that may not have crossed my mind.

I am not claiming to be a teacher. I am simply thinking out loud in order to grow in wisdom. Looking at my banner you can see I have a long way to go, but I know I'm not alone. I hope this blog proves helpful to all who visit.

In Christian love,
-Ed "the Layman"

No comments:

Post a Comment